20 Schedule F
(1) The Schedule referred to as Schedule F is as follows:
2. Income tax under this Schedule shall be chargeable for any year of assessment in respect of all dividends and other distributions in that year of a company resident in the State which are not specially excluded from income tax, and for the purposes of income tax all such distributions shall be regarded as income however they are to be dealt with in the hands of the recipient.
(2) No distribution chargeable under Schedule F shall be chargeable under any other provision of the Income Tax Acts.
– As respects Income Tax, on and from 6 April 1999
– As respects Corporation Tax, for accounting periods commencing on or after 6 April 1999
Corresponding UK Tax Provision
Formerly Section 20, Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988. Now re-enacted at various places in the Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act 2005. Refer to the Destination Table of that Act for details.
Sections referred to in text
section 436 [Certain expenses for participators and associates]
section 436A [Certain settlements made by close companies]
section 437 [Interest paid to directors and directors’ associates]
section 816 [Taxation of shares issued in place of cash dividends]
section 817 [Schemes to avoid liability to tax under Schedule F]
12 The charge to income tax